back to minutes
Harvest Co-op Supermarkets
Board of Directors Meeting
December 15, 2003
Present: Ed Barsamian (general manager), Mike
Wiecek (President), Eliza Strode (vice-president), Jeff
Rosenblum (secretary), Andrew Weaver (treasurer), Sujatha
Byraven, Elisa Alonso, Dave Hermann, and Dave Foley (board
members), Mary Grinnell (member worker)
Revisions to the Agenda: none
Minutes: Board Minutes
Motion to approve subject to changing the Daves and striking
Betsy. Having meeting on same night, not combining.
Motion: Minutes approved as written
Melitta Jakab and Eliza Strode resigned and were thanked
with flowers for the hard work they have done. Two board
vacancies were created and the board voted Andrew Weaver
and Dave Foley into the vacant seats. The election was
done electronically and was unanimous.
Mike reviewed board procedures such as voting by majority
and guidelines for behavior (code of ethics). Eliza gave
a reminder that all board members must re-sign the conflict
of interest statement.
New board members were assigned returning board members
as buddies. The following were assigned:
Kwah - Jeff
Dave Hermann - Mike
Dave Foley - Andrew
Eliza compiled a list of considerations:
President - Andrew
Vice President - Sujatha
Treasurer - Mike
Secretary - Jeff
Responsibilities of officers were discussed. The slate was
The proposed calendar was approved. There was also a proposal
to move finance and executive committee meetings to the
NCGA Board Forum
Eliza is interested in attending.
Eyes and Ears of the Board
- Elisa shared a story about difficulty getting help finding
an item in the Cambridge store.
- Dave Hermann said that minutes of board meetings have
not been posted as required. Jeff responded that will ensure
this is fixed.
- Andrew said that the cashiers in JP need better training.
- Dave Foley said that he likes the fact that the JP store
exists and is so well stocked.
- Mary Grinnell, member worker, reported that she is having
trouble finding brooms and dustpans to use, there has been
no hot water in the kitchen for a month and the door was
off the hinge.
Andrew asked everyone to email him committee preferences
- Jeff reported that the customer survey is being compiled
by a group of Harvard students who are doing the work
for a class project.
Nominations and Elections Committee:
- Mike reported that there were 466 ballots cast which was
an increase from last year, but only 10 percent of the
membership. There was a recount done as requested and
the count was the same.
GM Report - public:
Ed submitted a written report and orally reported the following:
- Community room was painted.
- Holiday fundraising going well.
- During the blizzard staff in both stores were very dedicated
and did a great job.
- Cambridge has a program to get an architect to design
store signs. This will be done soon.
[Board moved into executive session at this
Minutes submitted by Sujatha Byraven